What's the best thing you've done for yourself lately?

Is there something special you did to treat yourself or make yourself feel better? We'd love to hear about it.

Taken on a few clients again I miss my business

went a got my self a car

Have a friend over for a night in, even if I'm not feeling the best. They care and they still want to spend time with me, even if I have a headache or I fall over when I try to stand up. :-)

I’ve taken multiple naps (Hallelujah, Hallelujah!) and bought myself my guilty pleasure: Quick stop deli cheese sticks with marinara. I don’t even want to THINK about the health factor of them! Worth it :smiley:

Got a pedicure with my lovely friends who surprisingly still like to hang out with me :wink:

I have reconnected with 25 friends from college & we are getting together for a long weekend in March and then a week this summer at a Beach we all used to go to every summer. It's Incredible.

Plus, I had a warm stone massage....which I recommend to everyone. Treat yourself !!!

I have also quit concentrating on what I can't do and what I can do !!!!

I started running again! This week I got in 7 miles! I just love that I'm not giving in, and fighting to still do what I love in life!

My husband agreed I needed some serious alone time... So I'm going to Hawaii for a week early next month. :) Just me, the ocean, sunshine and a good book or three. It was surprisingly inexpensive and it's going to do wonders for my cabin fever!

How long did it take for you to be able to run again? Did you have surgery?

sunshine99 said:

I started running again! This week I got in 7 miles! I just love that I'm not giving in, and fighting to still do what I love in life!

I changed Jobs and in between I took 3 weeks off. I slept when I needed to and took it very easy. Tried a few new recipes for my slow cooker. Also caught up with some friends and spent some extra time at my boyfriends place. It was great for my body and soul.

At the end of 2011, I started writing a book on sticking your foot in your mouth. I finished it this last year in July and it was published in September. I turned 50 last year and decided to make a list of ten things to accomplish in the next decade. Number 2 on my list is starting a Chiari walk in my area. I also write a blog and am writing a story online.

GREAT TOPIC!!!

I have recently joined a gym and have started to eat in a more healthy way. It has been such a positive thing for me....the owner is a lovely, helpful older man who is REALLY helping me out with both the light weights and my eating.

My hubby took me to a University of Ky ballgame (wish they were playing like they did last year!) We both graduated from there, so I was very excited to go. I napped and rested beforehand and I didn't jump up and down as much as everyone, but I did yell more than I should have and came home with a massive headache. But it was worth it. I hadn't been out of the house for so long....so getting out, feeling the energy and excitement of 24,000 people around me, and watching them WIN....was the shot in the arm I needed! Now...I just need to get my hubby to send me on a Hawaiian retreat!! :)

You have an AWESOME, supportive husband!! What a wonderful and kind gesture!!

7thhousedoula said:

My husband agreed I needed some serious alone time... So I'm going to Hawaii for a week early next month. :) Just me, the ocean, sunshine and a good book or three. It was surprisingly inexpensive and it's going to do wonders for my cabin fever!

Realized I am one person and can only do so much. I lost my cell phone today & have searched literally everywhere and I was inside in my living room when it happened. It can only be so many places. I just have view this as divine intervention telling me I needed a break. :))

And hopefully it's not on vibrate or silent :)

I didn't assault a Emergency Physician last night. We all understand...

Watched the Sunrise and had a Great Heart to Heart with a Co Member. Big Thanks My Friend !!!