Chiari Online Support Group

Update

I finally got my doctor to order an MRI (Head only with contrast). Plus I finally have an appointment with a neurosurgeon on November 30th. I can't wait. Right now, I have another respiratory infection courtesy of a coworker that does not believe in covering her mouth when she coughs. I really do not want to be sick all winter because she is so rude. I can't talk to her because she doesn't understand my language but she just coughs all over the place and never washer her hands. I have said something to management but I think they are afraid of offending her.

I totally understand your frustration Birdmom79, I used to drive myself crazy about this when I worked in a big office. I found that sometimes an indirect visual approach works best so how about starting a conversation around getting a flu jab ahead of the winter and then share a small 'staying healthy' poster around your workplace ... lots of examples if you Google avoiding colds and flu ... try these http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=avoiding+colds+and+flu+images&biw=1280&bih=800&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CEsQ7AlqFQoTCJz175SfmsgCFUhtFAod6xgI0w&dpr=2

This often works because you can get the message across but without drawing attention to any one person. Hope this might be an idea which works.

In fact, just thinking this through, maybe you could engage your management to do it on the basis that cold and flu = employees off work = cost to the company in loss of productivity etc etc etc ?