Chiari Online Support Group


My hospital stay was so-so.The day of the surgery I went in an registered alone due to the fact that my husband must've gotten scared the day before because he asked to work on the day I was supposed to have surgery even though his job had given him time off. Well I checked in at 5:30am and went through the registering process. My grandmother had my children waiting until daycare opened so she could be with me. Once I passed registration they took me into a room behind a curtain. They asked me to undress and wipe my body down with some warm sticky pads. Then I laid down on the hospital bed. They put IV's in my arms and made me take all my jewelry off. The hospital staff was amazing. The nurses and doctors were very friendly and did everything to calm me down. My grandmother showed up right before they rolled me out of the room. They rolled me into the OR where I was introduced to all the staff and answered all my questions that I had. They put something into my IV and put a mask on my face. I remember waking up to my daddy and grandma standing by my side saying it was over. Yes the pain was immense but the medicine they put into my IV's every hour help dull the pain. I was in recovery all night because thru ICU had no empty rooms. My husband and grandma could not visit me and I began to panic. I was in a big empty room full of empty beds and was not allowed to see me family. The nurse did her best to keep me company and calm. I remember one point waking up in the middle of the night in immense pain and mot knowing where I was and crying yo the nurse begging to let me see my husband. Once I had calmed down I could see him for about five minutes. The next morning on July 9 I was moved to a room in ICU which was wonderful. My family could visit.I had to switch to pill medication instead of IV drip because they claimed I could eat. My diet consisted of applesauce and ice water. Pain level was 10 one I began taking that medicine. Took too long to work and I couldn't eat due to being nauseous. They released me on Saturday and I was so sad because they really took care of me. Home life sucks. Constant pain unless I'm knocked out on meds. They messed up my meds Had me on blood pressure medicine but my blood pressure has always been perfect which lowered my blood pressure too low which slowed down the blood in my brain and made me pass out where my son found me. It has been a week and 5 days since surgery. I'm hurting. The scar terrified me when I finally saw it. I go tomorrow to get my sutures out.

Hi, Yvonne. Just offering my support in your successful recovery from surgery.
Best wishes and please feel free to repost your update in Surgery category. We want you to get all the support you can get at this time!