Surgery and recovery

I had my surgery last Friday at UCSF by Doctor Michel Kliot. It took about 4.5 hours and when I woke up I was in ICU. The nurses were awesome. They took good care of me. If I needed anything they were right on it. I remember being real thirsty when I woke up. Family tell me I was a little loopy at first from the meds. I tried to eat but as soon as I swallowed my first bite it came all back up. That was the only time I got sick. Dr. Kliot came in and shared a power point presentation of my surgery and went over everything with me.Pretty amazing stuff. I didn't sleep at all my first night and didn't fall asleep until about 8:00 PM the next night. Wasn't really in pain just discomfort and the nurses coming in and checking on me kept me up. I was transferred out of ICU the next day and they put me in a room by myself and y wife got to stay in the room with me. The nurses continued to take great care of me. On day two they had a physical therapist come in and got me up and walking. Day four I had a little set back I had problems with dizziness while walking with the physical therapist and they decided to keep me an additional night. I was released Tuesday afternoon and Dr. Kliot asked that I stay in the Bay Area a couple extra days since I live in Central California and I would be close if something happened. So I finally got home yesterday. Pain is manageable I have a follow up next week to get my stitches out and another one next month for a flow study. If you are looking for a doctor/hospital I would highly recommend Dr. Kliot and UCSF.

Thanks for the positive experience need that right now :slight_smile:

Glad you are feeling better. Thank you for sharing.

Take it easy and rest. I’m just a week post op and it will get easier. I sleep at least six hours during the day and that is key. Congrats and good luck to you.

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I’m going in on Tuesday for my surgery and every word helps! Good luck.

so glad your doing good and i now have high hopes for my surgery on feb. 27th