Chiari Online Support Group

Surgery 1-24-19

Here goes nothing! I sure hope I’m making the right decision. I think that’s the biggest source of my anxiety right now.

I have to show up at the hospital bright and early at 630, surgery is at 830. I sure hope this works, because I’ve been progressively getting worse and worse these past few months.

I hope your surgery went well and that you are already recovering!

Thanks for checking on me! I haven’t been online for a while. It went very well! My surgeon did a very complete surgery as he says (laminectomy, dura graft, trimmed the tonsils, etc.). When I woke up, the first thing I noticed is that I can take a deeper breath than I ever could before. It was an unexpected bonus!

I thought the pain in my hands and feet was peripheral neuropathy from last year’s chemo…it’s gone. I got out of bed the next day and my feet didn’t feel like they were going to break in two.

The pain between my shoulder blades is gone as well as the continual pressure in my head.

I did get my stitches out two days ago and, I am fighting a bit of meningitis but I am on antibiotics and anti nausea meds for the next ten days. But it has gone well with only a few bumps in the road. I do have some occipital nerve pain, but my surgeon is optimistic that it will fade with time.

So far I’m excited to possibly get my life back and climb some more mountains and hike more trails!

Hey Sparkles,
FANTASTIC NEWS!!! These are the stories we LOVE to hear. Onward and upward.

Merl from the Moderator Support Team