Suboccipital decompression AFTER SURGERY SYMTOMS

HAS ANY ONE HAD SUBOCCIPITAL DECOMPRESSION SURGERY BEFORE AND HAS ANY HAD AN ANNOTING SYMTOMS OF LOCKING IN TH JAW TINGLY IN THE BACK OF INCISION and tingly on hands and legs falls asleep almost like a paralyzing feeling its been 24 days since my procedure..

Yes, I also experience those same post op symptoms as well as others. My jaw doesn't lock that often. I get daily nerve shocks-tingling from my incision site, especially when I am washing my hair or forget and rest my head on the seat rest in the car.. I have tingling of the lips, hands and feet often.

I will send this to the group for additional advice and experiences. Great Question !!

I haven’t had any jaw locking although I do still clench my teeth like a bull dog on ephedrine even during the day I catch myself doing this (not stress related as I’m pretty stress free and with the muscle relaxers you’d think that would go away too) I have had a few instances of the skin crawly feeling on the back of my head but it only lasted a few seconds each time. I had all of the symptoms you mentioned prior to surgery-I hope they don’t come back!!! Good luck to you!

I had the same things after my surgery. The jaw issues went away fairly quickly, and I'm thrilled to not have any more clenching/grinding. That was awful!

However, the tingling of my hands and where they fall asleep is continuing (and honestly, has become more frequent) since surgery. Mine tends to be worse when I'm sleeping or when I first wake up; I've never had it happen while I'm busy doing something.

I hope you continue to heal beautifully from your surgery!

My jaw used to lock. Only when I open as big as I can it would still do it. Surgery didnt effect it tho. I have learned there r more types of surgery for this issue. I am looking into a second surgery. I hope your symptoms fade. I also have seen an amazing acupuncturist who has helped the itch n pain n tightness. I don’t even pop my neck anymore. B4 n after surgery had to do it tons of times a day. And tingles everywhere. U even forget where ur hand is while relaxing

Kyle, I cdnt imagine popping my neck! :open_mouth: I had chiropractors adjust my neck for many yrs. Once I was diagnosed w chiari noone wd touch my neck… its not recommended w chiari. Now after chiari & neck surgery, my neck hurts so bad I know I need adjusted, but noone will :frowning:

Maria I also get the numbness in my arms & hands. Before & after surgery. My legs as well but only if I sit on the floor. used to happen more before surgery.

My head tingles on occasion but not too often. Usually just when I'm having muscle spasms in my neck. As for my hands, the tingling has much improved since surgery. My NS did tell me that tingling in the extremities would probably be the last symptom I'd see improvement on, that headaches usually clear right away but nerve damage takes a lot of time.

Kyle, please don't let anyone adjust ur neck

Teka Boshell said:

Kyle, I cdnt imagine popping my neck! :-O I had chiropractors adjust my neck for many yrs. Once I was diagnosed w chiari noone wd touch my neck.. its not recommended w chiari. Now after chiari & neck surgery, my neck hurts so bad I know I need adjusted, but noone will :(