Still Undiagnosed

Through my own Google Search I was able to find this group... For the past 8 months I have had severe Vertigo (dizziness), which was originally diagnosed as Labrynthitis... until it lasted much longer than a few weeks. Then off to have a head MRI, neck MRI, blood work, xrays, Opthamologist, NS... with no diagnosis. Of course, you start questioning your own symptoms, and wondering why everyone seems so stumped by them. I can't tell you how exciting it was for me to find out that others have had chronic vertigo, and some of the associated symptoms were not just coincidental, such as tinnitus, tingling/numbness in my extremities and the back of my head. Thankfully, I have not had any headaches, which I understand is a pretty common symptom with Chiari 1 Malformation. My PCP now want to refer me to one of the University Medical Centers for further evaluation. From what I've read it seems pretty important to find an MD that is familiar with this condition.

My PMP prescribed Meclizine to help with the dizziness... which really doesn't help at all. I have been taking Sudafed and Ibuprofen, which seem to be the only things that really help cope with the dizziness. Has anyone else had success with using this combination of meds to help with vertigo?

Just wondering... since i still have no diagnosis.