Post Op

Just wondering how much others are doing or did after having surgery while in the recovery phase, before you went back for your post op appointment. I know we are to take it easy, and rest as much as we can and to keep heart rate relatively low. When was it ok to do household chores such as laundry, vacuuming, mopping, and cleaning in general? What about getting out of the house and doing things?

Mrs B, I think if you are feeling good and have the energy it’s ok to do a little house work or shopping, just stop before you get tired. That was the key for me. How are you feeling?

I was told no lifting more than five pounds, no bending over, and no laundry. I did a few dishes and light cooking with no problems.

I have some days that I feel pretty good and then others not so much. When I start to feel better I try to do more, but have learned that’s not going to work out right now because it seems to set me back some. I have a really hard time remembering not to bend over and catch myself doing it and I tell myself I shouldn’t be doing that. I have noticed that I get light headed when I do that or do too much. My neck is hurting pretty bad, mostly on my left side and I’m not sure why. Feels like I have a bad crick in my neck and have shoulder pain as well. Also, in past few days the top of my incision area is very tender and sensitive, I am hoping this is just a part of the healing process.
I just need to sit back and relax and not worry about household chores and focus on healing!

jcdemar said:
Mrs B, I think if you are feeling good and have the energy it's ok to do a little house work or shopping, just stop before you get tired. That was the key for me. How are you feeling?