Nasua

11 days post op and could really use help on how to control the nasua. Feels like a piano falling on my head every time I barf …

Ell, how are you doing today? Any relief?

Jenn

Hi Elle,

I hope you're feeling better. I know that I suffered with nausea for weeks after surgery, even with meds and patches.

Something my NS realized was making me sick was my lack of balance, and it was like being in a choppy boat. In addition to the anti-nausea meds, I was also given a script for "Transderm Scōp® patch," which is the little motion sickness patches people wear on cruise ships, etc.

Without that patch, I would have been throwing up all the time. It helped a lot. Call your NS and find something that works for you. That's what they are there for. I kept mine on speed dial to deal with the issues I had to deal with.

Hello All - My nausea is better - - I decided to stop taking one of my pain meds since I thought it could be contributing to my nausea, plus started a laxative to get things going. I am tolerating the single pain med only now well enough, and ate normally yesterday. I have little wrist bands too to help with supposed nausea pressure points . . . hope it all continues to work.

Glad you’re doing a little better :slight_smile: