Chiari Online Support Group

Muscle spasms?

Alright, so I went to my neurosurgeon not too long ago, and she said that my brain is 8mm, and that I had a connective tissue disorder. I don’t know what one, because it takes awhile to get in for genetic testing where I’m at. I have also gotten a spine MRI that I am waiting for the results on. But anyways, I have had these “muscle spasms” for a good while. Maybe more than 6 months? I don’t remember exactly when it started, but it started out with small jerks in my arms.

I thought maybe they were just in my head, but they have gotten worse over time. I’ll get spasms in my legs, while I am walking, and when I am sitting or pretty much anything. What happens is that my entire leg tenses up, sometimes it’ll just jerk, but mainly its my right leg, it’ll tense up, and then loosen without me doing it. It hurts a lot, and it sucks when I walk. I’ll also get spasms in my fingers, where my fingers, especially my thumbs, will tense and loosen several times. My thumbs do it so much that the area around my thumbs have started to hurt. Sometimes my arms will jerk like they used to, but not as much. My neck muscles will also tick, like my head to my shoulder. Its really bizarre and I have put this off for so long because I thought it was just in my head, but it all hurts so much.

I don’t know if it is related to chiari, and I haven’t really done any research on any connective tissue disorders yet. I have seen other people on this site with similar spasm, from years and years ago. So I was just wondering if anyone else has similar experiences? Or maybe can give me a explanation for these, “muscle spasms” I have. Also: I am getting a Chiari Decompression Surgery on April 1st, 2019.

-sublime.