Chiari Online Support Group

Intrusional or abnormal thoughts

Hi, anyone been told that weird or abnormal thoughts can be caused by a build up or leak of CSF fluid? Has somebody else experienced weird racing thoughts to that also has Chiari?

Hello, yes, I had hydrocephalus before my surgery. It was horrible. My mind and memory were all over the place. I’m very sorry that you are experiencing this. It does get better, I thought it never would. I’m 6 years out, I’ve 2 surgeries. CSF blockage both times. Good luck to you.

I apologize that you had to go through that. Thanks for responding and I am glad to hear that your situation got better.

Jane! So nice to see you back. It’s been ages. Are you doing OK?

Seenie from ModSupport

DesireeLars, we’re glad that you found us and joined the community. Please make yourself at home here, and let us know if there’s anything that we can help you with. If you are finding navigation a challenge here, there are instructional “slide guides” under the New User Help tab to the left under the home page banner.

Welcome to the club that nobody wants to belong to. We’re glad you’re here, though!

Seenie from ModSupport

Hello! Thank you. I’m doing better since second surgery. Neurosurgeon fused c-2 through t-1. Really tough procedure. Also a shunt for csf draining. I’m doing a lot better. I need another surgery this fall for remaining fusions.