Chiari Online Support Group

I had surgery last week

Hi everybody,
I just had decompression surgery on Monday June 8th. It was successful. I’m still in a lot of pain so I can’t tell if there is a difference at this point. My wound looks good. No swelling or bleeding. I’ve just been very tired and shaky. Trying to stay positive and walk as much as I can. I have to use my Walker to get around and I’m doing my best to move when I can. ! The hospital experience was a nightmare. The staff were awful and tried to make me leave as soon as possible. I couldn’t have my husband with me because of covid-19. So I was very confused as to who I Spoke to and what was going on around me. I felt very bullied into leaving and even had to pack my own bags and get dressed on my own. My only advice I can give is to try and have the staff contact your (help) whenever they talk to you . Or something that might be important. The hospital never talked to my husband and didn’t share important information. All I got was discharged paperwork and information on what to do. As far as exercises, all they said was to move my neck from side to side. I didn’t even have a BM before leaving. It took 4days for me to have a BM and I’m still struggling with that. It’s been a rough experice, but I’m glad I’m home

1 Like

I’m glad you have made it to the other side of surgery. I am sorry to hear about such a difficult experience. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery :purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much!:purple_heart:

1 Like