I had appt wednesday with head of Neurology to see if my symptoms were Tethered Chord Syndrome- but Good old HC Isaac change our plans! We we told yesterday that we were being "mandatorily evacuated" by noon today.
So we spent most of the night doing what we could to save our stuff. We packed what we could in our vehicles and are now at our Daughter and SIL's in Lafayette.
There is a extremely good chance our house will be flooded before its all over.
I am so sorry !!! Please let us know if you need anything. I mean that. We are a family of sorts & will try to help you however we can.
Please keep us posted & I will pray for you & everyone in Isaac's path,
Praying for you and your family! Be safe!
Thinking of you and your family!
Where does your cousin live?
Come to find out my original appt was with the head of neurology dept! They rescheduled with another Dr. at another campus.
Hammond is not far from where 2 of my daughter are riding out the storm- she'll see lots of rain and some strong winds but she is far enough inland that she'll be safe!
Been thinking about you today. The pictures from NOLA are horrible. Hoping you are okay and praying your house excaped being flooded. I'd write more but my brain is very foggy today.
If you watched the news today you undoubtedly heard the community “Braithwaite” that is where my home “was” it is now 15 feet under water.
Oh Kenny! I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say than we are here for you when you need to vent or need people to listen. My heart just goes out to you and your family. I will pray for you. I'm sorry I know that nothing I say right now will help.
Kenny Who-dat Flaming said:
If you watched the news today you undoubtedly heard the community "Braithwaite" that is where my home "was" it is now 15 feet under water.
Praying for you and your family!
I hope you and your family are doing ok!!!
Praying for you and your family. So sorry that your apt. was postponed....very disappointing I'm sure when you just want answers!!! Hang in there! Stay safe.
My prayers will include your family. God Bless you
We are doing as good as can be expected, still trying to wrap our heads around the idea that our house in under 15 feet of flood waters!
We are hoping to go back tomorrow and check on our church family and the church property and see how close we can get to our house. We made all the necessary call to insurance companies today. now we sit and wait for adjusters etc.