HOT Symptoms

So another question. I get the worst neck/head pain when it’s hot. Like it feels like a rush of pressure that hangs out, well it feels like a lifetime but is probably a few seconds but I can’t move my head/neck til it passes. It definitely seems to be worse when it’s hot or my body is hot. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hey Erica,
I too have issues with temperature and the heat is the worst, being that I’m in Australia in summer, OHH WOW, I can overheat really easily. I’ve found I need to regulate the ambient temp if at all possible. My home has ducted reverse cycle air conditioning which we had installed and this assists in maintaining a constant inside temperature. In the heat (35+C) I don’t venture out. I need to keep my fluids up.

My temperature gauge has been all screwed up. During two of my surgeries they had to pass through my hypothalamus, which plays a major role in temp regulation. In the cold I tend to sweat which only makes me colder, but in the heat I don’t seem to sweat much at all and can overheat something terrible.

My wife is a bit older than me, she had some awful menopause symptoms including hot flushes, well I get those same flushes, only worse. In it’s bad stages I was getting waves of hot and then cold, hot then cold. At night I’d wake up saturated and shivering. I’d actually have to get out of bed a dry myself with a towel. I was sweating so bad the woollen underlay on my side of the bed was breaking down underneath me.

And then there’s the headaches. I try to medicate to control the headaches. During the day I can medicate fairly well, but at night, that’s an issue. I’ve taken meds at night before going to sleep and control them that way but I wake with a hangover the next day, often feeling like I need another 8hrs sleep. Symptom management can be SO much fun and from my experience no 2 people are exactly the same neither in type nor effect nor ‘what works’. It’s all very individual.

Merl from the Modsupport Team.