Chiari Online Support Group

HORRIBLE drive home!

UUUUGH!!! What a horrible drive home today. Haven't been on here in a while, but I just feel like I need to vent a little.

I just started school last week, and so far it's been going well. After I finished with class today, I had to come back home to make sure I got the paperwork my husband and I needed to sign for our automobile settlement (we had an accident on May 9th, and our insurance company just totalled the truck on Tuesday). That drive home today was fine, no issues.

I took the paperwork we were sent up to my husband's work because we both needed to sign it. I drop it off at FedEx to get it shipped right back out, then head to Walmart to pick up some things for when some of my husband's friends from Germany come to visit in a couple weeks.

Shortly after I get back in my Jeep (and I mean less than 2 minutes), I get hit with a REALLY nasty headache out of nowhere!!! I had to endure that for an hour to drive home. LOADS of pain, some nausea, and just feeling so out of it. Thankfully I got home safely, and I went to lie down.

I had only laid down for maybe 30 minutes, looked at my phone, and saw that there was a tornado warning in a town several miles north of us. My headache had eased up by that point, and the storm was moving pretty slowly... southbound, but still pretty slowly, so I was able to grab the cats, put them in carriers, and pack some stuff in case we needed to head out to my sister-in-law's house in town (we live in a rural area).

With the time I had to do all that, I also contemplated that maybe the sudden change in weather had triggered my headache. I initially thought it was possibly because my Jeep was pretty hot when I got back in after Walmart, or the fact that I haven't had as much sleep over the last few nights. Monday night, I was excited about a concert, Tuesday night, we were at the concert up in Denver (HALESTORM!!!), Wednesday night, my upper and lower back were hurting too much for a while (upper back is related to our car accident, lower back is a pre-existing issue).

Maybe it could also have been a combination of all these things. The biggest one I think though is probably the weather, because my head started hurting very suddenly! Now my headache is hurting more again, and I'm just miserable. Glad I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow so I can get some good rest (hopefully).

Hi, lia. Thank you for update. I am sorry you are having such a hard time of things. I hope this weekend is better after that good rest!

Hugs,

Laurie

Thanks, Laurie. I hope so too, because I have homework to get done, among other things.