Chiari Online Support Group

Good pillows?

I haven’t even had the surgery but since February every pillow feel’s like a rock. I wake up with a bad headache and a stiff neck. any suggestions for a good pillow would be greatly appreciated.

If you’re a side sleeper, I’m a big fan of the side sleeper pillow:

azurelle

I included this response under another heading as my brain lumped them together. You are pre-surgery with your Chiari but I always wondered what would have happened if I had found the graded motor imagery exercises before surgery and then done them. I had a lot of the signs indicating they would have helped the neck and pain. You could be a lab experiment of one! Think of the fame and glory you would receive in the Chiari world for furthering the education of Chiari treatment pre-surgery! Shivers! They are not hard… they’re developed by a research organization in Australia and have cool accents…there is a $10 app… I could walk you through it… How much time are you on your phone anyways?

I have had the surgery and my water pillow has been worth it’s weight in gold. I wish I had purchased it before my surgery.

I just bought the my pillow. Last night was the first night sleeping on it and it was great. I didn’t have to switch pillows 5 times in a night for once.

Definitely get a water pillow. You can adjust the firmness according to how much water you put in it. I bought mine on amazon. It really helps. The back of my head is always sensitive and feels like I have been punched in the back of the head. With the water pillow I can even sleep on my back.

I had my surgery 3 years ago. And I have just found the right pillow. I don’t know the name of it, but my husband got it from the VA. It was supposed to help his neck, but he didn’t like it. However, it worked wonders for me.