Chiari patient in Michigan - Dr. Gilmer at Beaumont

Just curious if anybody on here has had Chiari surgery from Dr. Gilmer at Beaumont hospital in Royal Oak, MI. I went to see her last summer for the first time, and she seemed to think that chiari surgery would really help me and that it would improve my symptoms.

Hello teacherwithchiari, welcome to our community. I just ran a search on the site for Dr Gilmer and it brings up several pages of posts ... and she is on our doctors list in the tab Chiari Info for Members. I wanted to give you the link to the search results but something odd is happening with my tablet and I can't copy the URL. If you go to the very top right of your screen you'll see a search box. Kindest, Jules

Jules,

Thanks so much for the information. It is much appreciated!

Jules G said:

Hello teacherwithchiari, welcome to our community. I just ran a search on the site for Dr Gilmer and it brings up several pages of posts ... and she is on our doctors list in the tab Chiari Info for Members. I wanted to give you the link to the search results but something odd is happening with my tablet and I can't copy the URL. If you go to the very top right of your screen you'll see a search box. Kindest, Jules

Hello, I didn’t have surgery with her but did go to her for some second opinions. She is forthright, friendly and very knowlegeable. With decompression, I would always get a second opinion though no matter who the doctor is.