Bruising

Hello everyone! I’m ash =)…i just have a quick question and any answers are greatly appreciated! Lately I’ve been bruising really easily, as a nursing student I know that that is associated with clotting deficiencies and aspirin intake… Well I’ve never been diagnosed with clotting problems and I don’t take aspirin, I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem and if it’s related to chiaria or not… Maybe im just clumsy lately( which now that I think about it) might be related to chiaria as well. Does anybody else have that problem? Thanks in afvance

my chiarian daughter also bruises easily.she is very clumsy, and usually has a bruise from everything she bumps into.i also bruise easily,but my dr said it was due to the ibuprophen i take almost daily for back pain.with you being a nursing student are you eating a healthy diet.i know with school and papers due and studying time, theres not much time for health food. i would increase your iron intake and drink plenty of water.she was diagnosed with orthostatic hypertension,and the dr increased her iodine and water intake.this also has helped her weith the vertigo…hope this helps

i definitely need to consider diet modification…And to answer your question, my diet is not the least bit healthy nowadays, however today i found out that im PREGNANT…which was a suprise to me and my husband,so i plan on eating alot better. i do think that i may have orthostatic hypotension, because i do get really dizzy when i bend over, or get up too quickly… overall i must say i dont feel too bad most days, but i can really tell a difference when i let myself eat whatever i want. and i dont think their is much iodine in my diet…besides iodized salt, which i try to limit…and i know i dont drink as much water as i should, or fluids in general…i just cant drink much, idk why but my thirst is quenched with just a few sips of fluid unless ive been exercising vigoursly…this is all so new to me, i never really investigated my condition until a week ago because my NL said not to worry because most ppl with this never even know it…i have a OB appointment nov, 15 i think it is and i will notify my doc of the chiari and the dizziness and just take it from there, and thanks again for the input, between now and my OB appointment, i will try increasing fluids…i really think that may help…thanks for reminding me

Congrats! and you are welcome.the bruising could be from the fetus taking what it needs from your body.i had to take iron pills (they stink really bad and taste worst) daily with all 3 pregnancies.so this may be anemia dur to the pregnancy.your OB will do tests to find out. good luck! is this your first?

Congrats on the pregnancy!!!

Ashley Smith said:

i definitely need to consider diet modification…And to answer your question, my diet is not the least bit healthy nowadays, however today i found out that im PREGNANT…which was a suprise to me and my husband,so i plan on eating alot better. i do think that i may have orthostatic hypotension, because i do get really dizzy when i bend over, or get up too quickly… overall i must say i dont feel too bad most days, but i can really tell a difference when i let myself eat whatever i want. and i dont think their is much iodine in my diet…besides iodized salt, which i try to limit…and i know i dont drink as much water as i should, or fluids in general…i just cant drink much, idk why but my thirst is quenched with just a few sips of fluid unless ive been exercising vigoursly…this is all so new to me, i never really investigated my condition until a week ago because my NL said not to worry because most ppl with this never even know it…i have a OB appointment nov, 15 i think it is and i will notify my doc of the chiari and the dizziness and just take it from there, and thanks again for the input, between now and my OB appointment, i will try increasing fluids…i really think that may help…thanks for reminding me

Congratulations!! I hope that you are feeling well. Please mention the bruising to your doctor. Maybe it is an iron deficiency that can happen during pregnancy as well. Take care!

Carla

congrats..

yup i seem to have always bruised easier, now though the bruises seem to turn "colorful" more quickly.

Congrats on the new addition...

I bruise easily...it's the clumsy chiarian syndrome I guess ;-)

have you been decompressed.i have read somewhere that there is not alot of research done on pregnant chiarians.but that a c-section may be a safer route for delivery.it keeps the pressure from pushing off your brain.and also an epidural may not be safe.it can cause a CSF leak or cause your fluid level to decrease which can cause you problems after delivery.i would make sure you see a good OB/GYN. and that they are aware of your whole situation.

i am not trying to scare you.i have read up on it so when my daughter(in 20 yrs or so) is ready to have children, we are on top of it:)

I'm not sure how I missed this topic.

I bruise easily. I'm clumsy in the first place and my depth perception is off. (Walking in a door way and somehow I walk into the door instead...lol) I always end up with random bruises and have no clue where they came from. Now, my sister has the same problem too (She does not have Chiari). She is clumsy also. I'm not sure what could cause it though. I may tell my doctor to see what she says.