Botox... so weird

So, I had my Botox injections done on the 1st of August (finally), and it's just been weird so far since then.

Getting the injections themselves done went just fine, no major issues. She placed most of the injections symmetrically across my forehead, into my temples, in my neck, and a little into my shoulders. She placed a couple extra injections in the back of the right side of my head, since that's where I've been having the most trouble. I was slightly woozy afterwards, but it wore off after a few minutes.

My Neuro had told me about what would probably happen during the first couple weeks at least, but experiencing it is totally different from hearing about it. The first couple days, my muscles tightened up a bit more than they were, which she said would happen, but thankfully my Robaxin (muscle relaxer) has been keeping it from getting too bad. It's also been getting a little harder each day to lift my eyebrows, another thing she said would happen... just kinda funky-feeling right now.

I kinda feel like there's a little less sensation across my forehead right now... I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen or not, though. I know that the Botox is supposed to relax and essentially paralyze the muscles, but is it normal to have some bit of numbness shortly after getting Botox injections done? Not sure if that's a side effect or not. It's not terribly bothersome, just something I happened to notice tonight while watching movies with my hubby.

I'll keep that in the back of my mind, Abby. I was mainly curious if anybody else has had Botox injections and experienced this same thing. I think I need to do more research on it, educate myself... I don't know enough about Botox to judge whether or not it's a bad thing.

Okay, I feel a little better now... I found an article that did make mention of numbness after receiving Botox injections. Here's the excerpt I found:

"Numbness as an absence of physical sensation is not really an issue with Botox, because Botox is not an anesthetic. Numbness as the result of the inability to move a muscle is an issue for some people."

Here's the page where I found this info: http://www.allaboutvision.com/cosmetic/botox.htm

I do what I can! :-)